Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Build: LandZen Zen Land

I 'blogged a few Arbor Project builds here... Before I was involved with the Arbor Project, I started my own project having to do with putting art in the midst of the adfarms. This was a long time ago, back when adfarms were much more of a blight than they are now (by orders of magnitude).

The point being I started up my own SL group called the Association for Whimsical Land Use. The Association still does stuff; at this point it's just me doing 'land healings.'

Some months back I got some land in Picnic sim, for the purpose of healing it or building something within the constraints of junk land. It ended up being the latter.

I call it LandZen Zen Land. Here's the parcel description: "Cut land as zen garden. The wabi-sabi of former adfarms. The landscaping might make more sense if you View -> Property Lines. If you are a neighbor interested in obtaining this land for your own use, IM Cinco Pizzicato"

Basically, I decided to embrace the fractured nature of the land. Some elements of the zen garden are 'disrupted' by the microparcels, such as the water and the rock garden. As pieces became available (with the land cutters selling out or abandoning their land), I left the fractured elements un-fixed.

Most of the elements of this landscaping effort are freebies that I made; one of the buildings in the southern end of the parcel has boxes that will give them to you. I'm especially proud of the 6-prim teahouse. The rocks are sculptie prims unlinked from a juniper tree I bought from Organica.

This junk land has reached equilibrium, in the sense that I can't really buy any more of it, and none of the sellers are going to do me any favors at all. So here it is, empty in its fullness, finished and unfinished.

Visit here:http://slurl.com/secondlife/Picnic/103/140/145. But be sure to turn on View -> Property Lines in order to understand it.

Note: Melodie Darwin wrote a nice piece on this land.

LandZen Zen Land

LandZen Zen Land

LandZen Zen Land

LandZen Zen Land

LandZen Zen Land

LandZen Zen Land

No comments:

Post a Comment